Exactly one year ago, the Forbes Magazine “10 Must-Dive Destinations for 2019” feature announced: “Curaçao is a MUST-DIVE Destination for 2019.” Alongside Fiji, Easter Island and Yap to name but a few, this recognition was an incredible honor.
The article continued:
"Even those of you out there that just aren’t that into scuba diving (mountain people, gasp!), can’t deny just how beautiful this tiny Caribbean island’s water is. Yes, even you, mountain person, will want to take a dip in this idyllic bathwater.
Which is why it’s no surprise why this tiny Dutch island has made this year’s list.Because when the water is so clear that it looks like boats are levitating mid-air, you’re onto a place that’s surreal - both over and underwater.
So, for the people who are into diving, you can only imagine just how exciting it is to get below the surface and see what else awaits in these magical blue waters."
This was the beginning of what was to become an incredible and unprecedented year of international press coverage for, and a massive boost in awareness of, the Dutch Caribbean island of Curaçao.
With a unique blend of history, culture, language, food and music and incredible diving, Curaçao is distinguishing itself from other Caribbean and worldwide destinations. In addition, the island’s dive industry partners are invested in regular / ongoing and extensive initiatives for marine conservation and sustainable tourism.
Check out their Top 10 articles from 2019:
1. Going Coral Gardening in Curaçao – DIVE Magazine UK, January 2019
2. The Globetrotter’s 10 in Curaçao – Philippine Tatler, March 2019
3. The 10 Best Caribbean Dive Sites - USA Today 10Best – May, 2019 - #7, The Superior Producer
4. Make a splash at the Curaçao International Dive Festival – Toronto Caribbean Newspaper, June 2019
5. Explore the Caribbean’s Best Kept Secret During the 2020 Annual Curaçao International Dive Festival – Scuba Diving Magazine, August 2019
6. The Best Things to Do in Curacao - Forbes Magazine, October 2019
7. Curaçao – In the Spotlight as a World Class Dive and Vacation Destination - Antilliaans Dagblad and Dive News Wire, October 2019
8. The Top Ten Scuba Diving Destinations as Voted for by DIVE Magazine UK Readers, November 2019
9. At the 2019 DEMA Show, The Dutch Caribbean island of Curaçao steals the Show - Dive News Wire, December 2019
10. Coral Restoration Foundation Curaçao Announces New Curaçao Nursery - Dive Magazine UK, December 2019
So, you’re invited to take a giant stride into 2020 and dive into our warm turquoise waters but prepare for your senses to be overwhelmed by a 360-degree kaleidoscope of intense color and abundant life.
Dive in and "feel it for yourself"!
For more information, visit Dive Curaçao