Postcards from Curacao – The Complete Series
The Postcards from Curacao series, complete with 16 episodes, was initially designed to transport you to a place where you would rather be and bring you a moment of joy, and tranquility to your day so you could dream of Curacao, an island located in the HEART of the Dutch Caribbean. The fact is, that this series also became extremely important to our community, our island and, also for us personally.
As you may know, if you have been following the Postcards from Curacao series, we have taken you to the BEST Beaches, visited the BEST hotels, dove with the BEST recommended dive operators and given you the opportunity to see, above and below the waterline, why Curaçao is consistently a world class dive and vacation destination.
But these experiences alone can also be said about so many other world class destinations too, such as our better-known sister Bonaire. As true as this statement is, it is also true that as a community, “Curacao is clearly distinguishing ourselves from these other world class destinations by focusing on not only the blue factors but also highlighting the topside richness of our island where you can experience the essence of Curacao through the culture, language, music, and history.” says, Jeremiah Peek, General Manager of Ocean Encounters.
Jeremiah went on to say, “The fact is that Curaçao is one of the most unique islands in the Dutch Caribbean, if not the world, that offers everyone who visits something different because it bridges all the gaps, intrigues all the senses and allows you all the freedom to experience it, on your own terms. I guess that is why we say that all you need is to dive in and feel it for yourself”.
Travel Tip: Discover Punda Vibes every Thursday night in downtown Willemstad. This interesting event has turned into weekly habit that has been making waves in Punda on Thursday nights. Punda Vibes has a simple goal: to make people from all walks of life fall in love with Curacao’s booming art scene, history, and culture. It is a celebration of Punda’s booming art scene wherein the town showcases work from local artists. Pop-up craft markets, live theater, and historic dancing is combined with music that fills the alleys and where you will find yourself dancing under the stars. Afterwards, a stunning fireworks display decorates the sky. Do not forget to check out this incredible area and weekly event when you are planning your Curacao vacation so that you can immerse yourself into one of the most beautiful inner cities in the world that is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
View, Share and Replay your favorite Curacao episode
- Premier Episode – Welcome to Episode 1 of Virtual Postcards from Curaçao.
- Caracasbaai – a designated nature preserve “that is as steeped in history as its excellent diving and snorkeling!
- Cas Abao – diving into Cas Abao Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches of Curacao and it is also in the top 5 of most beautiful beaches of the world
- Eastpoint – Oostpunt that is located at the very eastern tip of Curaçao’s National Marine Park
- Santa Martha – one of the most beautiful lookouts on Curacao providing a breath-taking perspective
- GO WEST Diving – diving into some of the best scuba diving sites of western Curaçao
- LionsDive Beach Resort Curaçao and Ocean Encounters – located in the Bapor Kibrá district of Curaçao, which is just 5 minutes away from the city center of Willemstad
- The Dive Bus at Marie Pampoen – diving their remarkable house reef located at Marie Pampoen to discover more about their “seriously fun” shore diving
- The Kenepa Plantation – located in the western part of Curaçao, is named after the fruits of the Kenepatree and is a sprawling country estate
- Avila Beach Hotel – the oldest operating hotel in Curaçao that received its first guests in 1949 and has a history that dates to 1780.
- Blue Bay Beach – a Golf and Beach Resort with one of the most beloved beaches on Curaçao
- Jan Thiel Bay – a popular Curaçao beach that is known for more than it’s clear blue water
- All West Apartments – is simply a picture-perfect postcard: The light breeze lets the palm trees sway in front of turquoise water and further out, the deep blue color certainly testifies to the nearby reef edge.
- Curaçao Sea Aquarium – diving at Shipwreck Point then descending into the unknown depths with Substation Curacao beyond traditional recreational dive limits
- Klein Curaçao – sailing to Klein Curacao with BlueFinn Charters to explore this historically significant and now deserted Caribbean island, then diving the surrounding picturesque reefs
Thank you for following the Postcards from Curacao Series
At the very beginning we wrote, “It has been said that we should be patient in a storm and focus on the sunshine after.” But we all know that these “ground-hog days” during this global coronavirus epidemic (COVID-19) are not easy but we chose to ignore the obvious challenges and focused on the task of providing you with these weekly reminders that quickly became reminders for us too. Why, you may ask? Because, we have the opportunity every day here on Curaçao, to feel, to taste, to experience the Dutch Caribbean but like most, the proverbial “forest always gets lost in the trees”. By providing you these moments, we also reminded ourselves how fortunate we are to live on this coral rock we call home and the inherit need to protect it for future generations.
Additionally, we must say that we are overwhelmed by the volume of positive feedback we received weekly from you. PLEASE, do not stop! It is one thing to develop and deliver content where the only indicators of its effectiveness are the numbers displayed on a screen. But it is completely another thing when we hear from you personally via email or facebook messenger that our goal to provide “you a moment of joy, and tranquility to your day” was effective and appreciated, not to mention wanting to plan your next visit Curaçao as soon as you can! WOW… THANK YOU for the overwhelming response and please continue sending us messages because we love hearing from you.
Although this maybe our official last postcard episode, we are planning a few encores plus we are already working on numerous concepts for several new series that will allow you to virtually be here in the heart of the Dutch Caribbean to Dive Curaçao. If you have ideas, you are officially invited to share them with us.
Thank you all and once again and we hope to see you soon. Please, do not forget to subscribe to our mailing list and to the Dive Curaçao YouTube Channel to be automatically notified.
Sincere Love from Curacao,
Bryan Horne, Dive Curacao
Tilo and Yvonne Kuhnast, Nature Pics Films