Dive Insurance in Curacao
DAN is an international non-profit medical and research organization dedicated to the safety and health of divers. DAN Europe exists to assist and protect all divers through the most extensive and reliable network of diving physicians worldwide.
Dive Insurance for your Curacao Diving Vacation
If you are interested in having “peace of mind” and to know you are covered “just in case” during your Curacao diving vacation, then scroll down to learn more about DAN Europe and the dive insurance plans that are available.
Is there a Decompression Chamber in Curacao?
CLICK HERE to learn more about the decompression chamber located at the Curacao Medical Center.
DAN Dive Medical Insurance
Designed Specifically for Peace of Mind
The Divers Alert Network (DAN Europe) assists and protect divers, and conduct scientific research to make diving a safer, more accessible, and sustainable activity for all. In life there is risk in everything you do. Think about this: insurance wouldn’t exists if accidents never happened. While scuba diving has its risk factors, with the proper instruction and precaution these risks can be prevented.
So… if you are you still not sure that insurance is a choice and not a must for divers, then click here?
DAN Dive Medical Plans
Specific short-term insurance coverage for diving related emergencies
Coverage Type, What is covered and Coverage Limits
- Emergency Medical Assistance: Alarm Centre and management of medical emergencies 24/7 included
- Emergency Medical Treatment: Emergency treatment of DCI and Diving related injuries, including Hyperbaric Therapy and Hospitalization (including First Diving Emergency Medical Assessment and Hyperbaric Pressure Test in case of Suspect DCI) – Up to € 50,000.00 / $60,000.00 USD
- Medical evacuation: Following diving accident/injury only. To the nearest appropriate facility (including suspect DCI cases) – Up to € 50,000.00 / $60,000.00 USD
- Specialized Medical Treatment: Necessary after a diving accident (early post acute care, incl. rehabilitation and post-traumatic stress treatment) – up to 30 days from date of incident and always in the country where the diving accident took place – Up to € 1,500.00 / $1,800.00 USD
- Search and Rescue Expenses: Following diving activity only incl. cave diving – Up to € 10,000.00 / $12,000.00 USD
- Extra hotel and travel costs: In case of disruption of travel plans following an indemnifiable diving accident – Up to € 1,000.00 / $1,200.00 USD
- Return to hotel and resort: Following medical evacuation and hospitalization as a result of a diving accident – Up to € 1,000.00 / $1,200.00 USD
- Medical Repatriation of the convalescing diver back to his/her country of residence and following medical evacuation and hospitalization as a result of a diving accident – Up to € 50,000.00 / $60,000.00 USD
- Repatriation of the deceased In case of diving related accident – Up to € 50,000.00 Maximum cover limit per single event € 50,000.00 / $60,000.00 USD
Diving Insurance: A Choice or A Must?
Why spend money on dive insurance? “It will never happen to me.” So have said not tens, not hundreds, but thousands of people who have been assisted by DAN Europe each year.
These are the same people who now appreciate the importance of being insured by a provider who cares, is reliable, and what’s more, is specifically created by professionals, with a network of experts in the field ready to assist you. Some people may choose to become insured because it is mandatory by local law, or required by their teaching organization.
Though even if this is not the case for you, is insurance still a must? Are the benefits of your insurance only tangible after a claim?
It goes without saying that any incident, whether great or small, implies financial consequences. On top of the emotional distress caused by a medical emergency, there is the hassle of dealing with what comes next… making sure your insurance provider is immediately there for you.
Having the guarantee of financial assistance is comforting, but what is more comforting is having the reassurance that someone will be there to take care of you throughout the whole ordeal. You’ve probably heard someone say that buying insurance is like buying “peace of mind”.
It’s a “just-in-case” means of support that makes you feel more secure in those unpredictable circumstances. However the fine print of buying insurance goes beyond just peace of mind and the guarantee of payment of claims. The service one chooses is made up of two components, namely pre-loss and post-loss.