DAN Diving Medical Insurance
If you are interested in having “peace of mind” and to know you are covered “just in case” during your Caribbean diving vacation, then scroll down to learn more about DAN Europe and the dive insurance plans that are available.
Dive Travel Curaçao is a proud partner of DAN Europe (Divers Alert Network Europe), offering you the first ever short term dive insurance designed specifically divers on a dive vacation.
Specific short-term insurance coverage for diving related emergencies
DAN 7 Day Dive Medical Insurance7 Day Coverage Price $42.00
DAN 14 Day Dive Medical Insurance14 Day Coverage Price $50.00
DAN 30 Day Dive Medical Insurance30 Day Coverage Price $60.00
The Divers Alert Network (DAN Europe) assists and protect divers, and conduct scientific research to make diving a safer, more accessible, and sustainable activity for all. In life there is risk in everything you do. Think about this: insurance wouldn’t exists if accidents never happened. While scuba diving has its risk factors, with the proper instruction and precaution these risks can be prevented.
DAN is an international non-profit medical and research organization dedicated to the safety and health of divers. DAN Europe exists to assist and protect all divers through the most extensive and reliable network of diving physicians worldwide.
Therefore, DAN Diving Medical Insurance Plans are designed specifically for your peace of mind!
Diving Insurance for your Curaçao or Bonaire Dive Vacation
Coverage Type, What is covered and Coverage Limits
- Emergency Medical Assistance: Alarm Centre and management of medical emergencies 24/7 included
- Emergency Medical Treatment: Emergency treatment of DCI and Diving related injuries, including Hyperbaric Therapy and Hospitalization (including First Diving Emergency Medical Assessment and Hyperbaric Pressure Test in case of Suspect DCI) – Up to € 50,000.00 / $60,000.00 USD
- Medical evacuation: Following diving accident/injury only. To the nearest appropriate facility (including suspect DCI cases) – Up to € 50,000.00 / $60,000.00 USD
- Specialized Medical Treatment: Necessary after a diving accident (early post acute care, incl. rehabilitation and post-traumatic stress treatment) – up to 30 days from date of incident and always in the country where the diving accident took place – Up to € 1,500.00 / $1,800.00 USD
- Search and Rescue Expenses: Following diving activity only incl. cave diving – Up to € 10,000.00 / $12,000.00 USD
- Extra hotel and travel costs: In case of disruption of travel plans following an indemnifiable diving accident – Up to € 1,000.00 / $1,200.00 USD
- Return to hotel and resort: Following medical evacuation and hospitalization as a result of a diving accident – Up to € 1,000.00 / $1,200.00 USD
- Medical Repatriation of the convalescing diver back to his/her country of residence and following medical evacuation and hospitalization as a result of a diving accident – Up to € 50,000.00 / $60,000.00 USD
- Repatriation of the deceased In case of diving related accident – Up to € 50,000.00 Maximum cover limit per single event € 50,000.00 / $60,000.00 USD
DAN Diving Insurance: A Choice or A Must Have?
Why spend money on dive insurance? “It will never happen to me.” So have said not tens, not hundreds, but thousands of people who have been assisted by DAN Europe each year.
These are the same people who now appreciate the importance of being insured by a provider who cares, is reliable, and what’s more, is specifically created by professionals, with a network of experts in the field ready to assist you. Some people may choose to become insured because it is mandatory by local law, or required by their teaching organization.
Though even if this is not the case for you, is insurance still a must? Are the benefits of your insurance only tangible after a claim?
It goes without saying that any incident, whether great or small, implies financial consequences. On top of the emotional distress caused by a medical emergency, there is the hassle of dealing with what comes next… making sure your insurance provider is immediately there for you.
Having the guarantee of financial assistance is comforting, but what is more comforting is having the reassurance that someone will be there to take care of you throughout the whole ordeal. You’ve probably heard someone say that buying insurance is like buying “peace of mind”.
Bottom line: It’s a “just-in-case” means of support that makes you feel more secure in those unpredictable circumstances.
About DAN Europe (Divers Alert Network Europe)
DAN Europe (Divers Alert Network Europe) conducts scientific research to better understand diving physiology and share that knowledge with the goal of making diving a safer, more accessible activity.
DAN also develops first aid educational programs to preserve life, in and out of the water. They recognize the unique beauty and fragility of the Blue Planet, and act as ambassadors for more sustainable practices within our community.
Become a DAN Europe Member Today!
Join DAN as a way to support our mission of providing emergency medical assistance and promoting dive safety.
Benefits include medical advice & specialist referrals, participation in diving safety seminars & conferences, and much more.
Renew your DAN Europe Membership Today!
Keep supporting DAN. Your continued membership greatly contributes to the development of new safety programs and initiatives. Benefits include medical advice & specialist referrals, participation in diving safety seminars & conferences, and much more.