Affordable Car and Truck Rentals
A rental car or truck can be booked quickly from the comforts of your home and can be picked up at the airport or at one of partner hotels/resorts. Save more when you combine your vehicle rental with a Sleep and Dive (and Drive) package so you can have unlimited shore diving freedom.
Driving yourself around is one of the best parts of your trip and can give you a lot of flexibility. You’ll get to choose the time you want to explore, and it’s easier to go where you want when you have your own transportation.
Why should you rent a vehicle in Curaçao?
To truly make the most of your Curaçao diving vacation, it is essential to have your own means of transportation. Renting a vehicle in Curaçao, whether is it a car or a truck, is the best way to access the endless possibilities that this island has to offer. Explore the reasons why you should consider renting a vehicle in Curaçao.
Pick-up Truck, SUV and Van Rentals
Pick-up Trucks, SUV’s and MPV’s are PERFECT vehicles for shore diving! With convenient Pick-up/Drop-off Locations at the Airport or at our Partner Hotels and Resorts, you will be able to start exploring the hidden gems of Curaçao quickly and efficiently.
Economy and Compact Car Rentals
Economy, compact and Intermediate vehicle rentals are wonderful for individuals or small families to explore Curaçao. With convenient pick-up and drop-off locations at the Airport or at our Partner Hotels and Resorts, you will be on your way quickly and efficiently.
Car and Truck Rental Tips plus Local Driving Advice
Renting a car or a truck in Curaçao is a must if you want the freedom to explore the island and discover, on your own terms, the amazing hidden gems. You can see all of the magnificent buildings that make up the famous Handelskade in downtown Punda or enjoy the island’s beautiful beaches. You can also escape to Curacao’s National Nature Parks that are several kilometers west of Willemstad.
You should rent a car in Curaçao if you want to see some of the significant landmarks or even if you want to see one or two of the beaches in Curaçao. You can spend time with the family at a place to visit, and some of the resorts offer tons of activities. It’s easy to plan your next trip using a car or truck rental in Curaçao.
Vacation Tip: Taxis are rather expensive in Curaçao (they do not have electronic meters) and public transport is not as timely nor or as structured as you are probably used to in your home country. There are no biking lanes, so going around by bike is not the safest choice. Therefore if you wish to explore Curaçao, renting a car or a truck is the easiest way to get around.
What are the requirements for renting a vehicle?
- First of all, a valid driver’s license is needed. Most car rentals on Curaçao require a minimum age of 21 years old. Other than that, there are no requirements to rent a car on Curaçao. Opting in for car insurance is recommended.
What you should know about driving in Curaçao?
- Driving is done on the right side of the road. Please pay attention that at intersections and round-a-bouts, you should yield to traffic coming from your right unless otherwise indicated by an international traffic sign.
- Taking a right turn at a red traffic light is illegal, so please wait until the traffic light turns green. U-Turns are usually allowed at intersections unless indicated otherwise by an international traffic sign. The speed limit in town and in residential areas is usually between 30 and 45 km/hour.
- Outside of town on main thorough ways, the speed limit can vary between 60 and 80 km/hour. Please pay attention to the signs indicating the speed limit. If the road conditions are wet, please use caution as they may be slippery.
How does refueling your rental vehicle work in Curaçao?
- Customers may refuel the vehicle to the same fuel level upon picking up the vehicle. If a customer chooses not to refuel the vehicle to the same fuel level, they will be charged the local rate, plus a surcharge, which is typically above the local pump price.
- PLEASE NOTE: Most gas stations around the island of Curacao do not accept credit cards. The best payment option would be to pay in cash or debit.
What do you do in case of an vehicle accident in Curaçao?
- It’s important to know that in case of an accident or damage on Curaçao, you should NOT to move the car. All damage to cars or accidents need to be called in immediately to ForenSys 199, an insurance surveyor on the island. Please remain at the scene and If medical assistance is required, call 911.
- If the car is no longer safe to drive, contact National Rental Car Curacao for further handling.
What are the seatbelt and cellular phone rules, while driving, in Curaçao?
- All passengers must wear seatbelts at all times. Children under the age of 9, should be sitting in an approved child safety seat and always ride in the back. If you require a child safety seat, please check with a National rental agent for availability. The use of cellular telephones while driving is strictly prohibited.
Don’t Drink and Drive! Please be responsible: If you have been drinking, please do not drive
Where to park your rental vehicle in Curaçao?
- When parking your car, please be sure you do so in a well-lit and/or a highly visible area. For your own safety, try to park near an area which is busy with pedestrians and always keep your car keys within reach. If you are going to the beaches, we recommend you park the car near the beach entrance and if possible, on a parking lot that is visible from the beach area.
- Please lock your car at all times and take your belongings with you when leaving the car or truck.
Why you should get to know your rental vehicle?
- We know you will be excited to hit the road, however please take a few minutes to get to know your rental car or truck. Make sure you locate all the important features. If you have any questions, please ask your National rental car agent when picking up your vehicle either at the airport or at one of our partner Hotels or Resorts.
Where are the best shore diving sites in Curaçao?
- Curaçao has thirty-eight shore diving sites accessible by beach. Given the average vacation is seven days, including one day in between diving and flying home, you have six world class shore dives you can hit every single day of your trip… each Curacao shore diving site is unique and offers no shortage of exploration opportunities.
- So if you looking to have a leisurely Caribbean dive vacation then consider Curaçao, especially combined with a Sleep, Drive and Dive Package!
Where are the best beaches in Curaçao?
- The beaches on Curaçao are scattered along the sheltered and calm southwestern coast of the island. While most beaches are accessible to the general public, some beaches are accessible only after a small admission is paid.
- Please keep in mind to take all your belongings with you, when visiting the beaches. CLICK HERE for the BEST beaches in Curaçao that are certainly worth a visit!
What are the best things to do in Curaçao?
- Scuba Diving in Curacao is the number one thing to DO – but of course there are plenty of things to do in Curacao and no right way to experience any of them. If you love adventure, hiking, biking, sailing, shopping, exploring or just simply want to chill out on the beach, we can assure you, Curaçao is a Caribbean destination that has it all… and maybe more!
- Simply, click here to learn more because it is your choice to experience it all, but it is also a perfect choice to do nothing at all too!
- Of course there are more experiences available too, so please contact us for more information.