Coronavirus in Curacao – NEWS UPDATES
The Coronavirus in Curacao (COVID-19) is dynamic situation that is on all of our minds. The health and safety of you, your family and your friends is of paramount concern. With that in mind, please check back as we will do our best to keep you informed about the latest developments regarding travel and tourism on Curaçao.
Coronavirus in Curacao Update: May 31, 2022
Curacao Travel Entry Policy Update
- Starting June 5th, the Emergency State Law is no longer valid. Instead a central crisis staff will remain monitoring all developments and advising the Government accordingly.
- Starting June 1st, the Government will no longer cover COVID test costs. Laboratory testing remains possible through personal insurance coverage via your doctor.
- Staring June 1st, the Government initiates a randomized COVID testing strategy to monitor the pandemic. All doctors will register patients with COVID symptoms and 200 persons per month will be randomly chosen to do an official laboratory COVID test.
- Starting June 1st, the isolation period is adjusted to a minimum of 5 days and a maximum of 10 days. A person must be free of symptoms for at least 24 hours, before exiting isolation.
- Starting June 1st, the contact tracing process is canceled.
- Starting June 1st, the help desk line (9345) introduces adjusted hours: Monday – Thursday: 8AM – 3PM. Friday: 8AM – 12PM
Travel Information – As of Sunday June 5, 2022:
The Government of Curaçao has rescinded all COVID 19 restrictions for entry into Curaçao until further notice. This means that the Passenger Locator Card (PLC) form is no longer mandatory from this date onwards.
As an international traveler, visiting Curacao, you are required to follow these three steps:
1. FILL OUT DIGITAL IMMIGRATION CARD
All international visitors are required to complete the Digital Immigration Card (DI card) online as soon as you have all your travel information. The Digital Immigration card is a mandatory card for all foreign travelers to clear immigration in Curaçao.
2. Fill out PASSENGER LOCATOR CARD
A Passenger Locator Card is mandatory for all travelers and includes country of departure, personal information, travel information and medical information. ALL Travelers who departing for Curacao are required to complete the online Passenger Locator Card form (PLC) within 48 hours prior to traveling to Curaçao and carry a printed document of proof with them. (The Government of Curaçao has rescinded all COVID 19 restrictions for entry into Curaçao until further notice. This means that the Passenger Locator Card (PLC) form is no longer mandatory as of Sunday June 5, 2022)
Are You Traveling to Curacao?
While the pandemic seems to be heading in the direction of an endemic, government measures around the island are becoming more relaxed. Despite this, we think it is still important as hosts of our tourists visiting our island, to address how to handle a possible infection, in the best, safe, and most comfortable way.
Therefore, with the support from our local health department (GGD), and local government officials, we created a simple guidelines document in the form of a Q & A.
Due to this dynamic situation, please continue to check back in case changes to government measures or guidelines.
Need a quick Coronavirus – Covid-19 Test in Curacao before you fly home?
How to Get a Quick Coronavirus (Covid-19) Test for before you travel back to the United States or Canada!
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Government of Canada has issued interim orders requiring all air passengers arriving to the US or Canada from a foreign country to get tested no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to present the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) testing facilities in Curacao
While you are on-island, or in case you must return to a country where a negative test is required, COVID-19 testing is available at the following locations:
Analytisch Diagnostisch Centrum (ADC)
Are you traveling abroad and a Coronavirus (Covid-19) PCR test is required to confirm that you have been tested negative?
Costs of the Covid-19 PCR test are ANG 159,- ($ 90) including a medical report with the results. The Medical report will be send within 24h after taken the test.
Additional Testing Facilities in Curacao
Lab de Med – www.labdemed.org
MLS – www.mlscuracao.com